The name means "bitter", but evokes very compassionate, feminine energy and images. Quite contrary, huh?! Marys and their variations have known contrasts of epic, historical proportions as well: sinners, saints, sisters with a different work ethic and so on. The modern-day MaryMary have returned to the 'urban' gospel scene with "Walking", an arguably too-secular tune with a "Gypsy Woman" flavor from the '90s. Their journey back seems to not only welcome, but groove to, the scrutiny encouraging the listener with "Look at me / I'm tryin' / Everyday I fall down / Make mistakes / Get back up / Try again / Next time that you see me, I'm walking... ." Sunday's best and most traditional sound or not, I do agree with the sisters when they say with "'Walking' you can't go wrong ... one day at a time". Enjoy the message and the movement!
- "Always Will" - Tweet
- "Benediction" - Tara Nova
- "Don't You Know That" (instrumental w/ hook) - Luther Vandross
- "Happy Being Me" - Angie Stone feat. Pauletta Washington
- "Step It Up" (instrumental) - Kokane feat. Tray Deee
- "Trying People" (instrumental) - De La Soul
- (Never Do) "What They Do" - The Roots