Look Alive

24 May 2011

DMV Daytripper

Going the distance, seeing cold darkness mist & melt into pretty pink, baby blue & silver linings to some Miguel music... <<< I posted this here and on Twitter before sunrise as I pumped myself up for a trip to the DMV, which most can attest to being pretty annoying at times. Some prayer, coffee**, refueling 87-$tyle, good tunes and bearing witness to the natural beauty were great company as always!  

Having just bought his album last week, Miguel's rhythms and vocal flair have earned him a steady place in the car to help me catch up with last November's release. The electro-soul of the final track, "My Piece", repeatedly caught my attention because of the strong music relationship described, however eroticized. For some time now, I've seen the "piece" or p(e)ace that music can embody a bit differently, simpler. If it is said that the devil was once an angel with musical talent beyond measure who now seeks to infuse such a powerful tool with spirits of negative influence, I imagine also that the essence of seraphim with 'fire arms' and the archangel Michael with the sword of Truth can protect the precious fruit of the Life trees within every listener. With God's help, attempts to upset the peacefulness of our gardens are shot down. What is intended for who knows what can be used for good. Detractors, like mountaintop tests, have to get back.



Peep the meta... For no one, from the biggest and the baddest to the least of us, is "untouchable" or "uncrushable" in the flesh. Not only are members of India's lowest caste actually touched by someone at some point but those considered part of the latter group in urban slang terms are seldom virgins and may even be parents. Every external thing we have and see is temporary. Contradictions happen. The words we speak and write are subject to flaws and varied interpretations, sometimes being forgotten or just ignored. Even the recent rapture claims for May 21, 2011 may as well have been an Anita Baker remix!

NOTE: If you know me you know I love Lady Baker's music, so I intend no disrespect. Brother Camping's claims have now changed to reflect instantaneous destruction on October 21, 2011, however. I will not question his relationship with our Creator or their communication. What I do know is that some have gotten fearful as a result and harmed themselves or others while many in the Midwest are hurting from storms they didn't create here and now. May the p(e)ace of the Most High rule over our tongues and be wherever hurt is! May we also do our best to live each day like it's both our last and grounds for judgment, so worry can give way to walking in a will aligned with God's. By no means are judgment or vengeance mine, as I've been a hot mess before! Sometimes when I even think of the places I've been or would've voluntarily kneeled to follow my senses to if not for Grace, I am encouraged to revisit the flaw with correction and make peace with myself and my God. His all-knowing, Almighty and omnipresent Spirit is LIFE that seeks relationship with every mind, heart and soul. Such Energy can never be destroyed!

Even for those who don't believe, the concept of evolution should still encourage positive development over time, maybe standing up straighter and refraining from trying to hit folks in the head for their attention or affection. Don't laugh at the cro-magnon mental imagery or the neighborhood church lady and gent! For all you know, they probably gave or visited hell before coming to know the Truth. Thankfully, deliverance is as beautiful, liberating and transformative as the butterfly, the sense of which good music has all-ways given for as long as I can remember. When we position ourselves to silence the noise of confusion, fear, insecurity and other thieves then raise the frequency of Love's harmony in our lives, we receive and can share a "peace" as perfect as its Giver: compassionate, focused and steadfast despite the imperfection of our traveled roads or other long lines.


** Isn't learned behavior funny? Coffee consumption is the eventual "nurture" of preparing what must've been millions of cups that had to taste 'just so' for my grandma then working a 4 a.m. editorial desk for a couple years after her transition. Finances or convenience notwithstanding, why do we feed certain things to our bodies (or 87 to our cars) when there's better? I've actually been reconditioning myself with the "nature" of dandelion root powder lately. More on that and other health-affirming substitution journeys soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment